Hi! My name is Alvi.
I am the first child of two, grew up in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
People can be adventurous in many ways. I like to be adventurous in experience.
I studied information technology, but in my undergraduate years I also took part in activities outside the field.
- I went on 10 days trip to NY and Boston to attend Harvard National Model United Nations 2010 as a delegate from UGM to discuss current problems and solve it together through diplomacy.
- I was a dancer at Sanggar Kesenian Aceh UGM. I have danced the infamous Tari Saman and few other dances from Aceh. I enjoy dancing and performing very much.
But I am passionate in using technology to solve problems and create new opportunities.
- I participated in many competitions basically on how to use ICT to solve problems. For example Imagine Cup Software Engineering, that got through top 10 national, Imagine Cup Game Design, and recently at HackGov 2015 that got us the first place.
So I fell in love with entrepreneurship and innovation.
- I went on an exchange studies at University of Boras, Sweden, got Erasmus Mundus scholarship
- I participated in ( and won 😉 ) an e-pitch competition in the awesome Stanford University, had the golden chance to visit tech giants as well as startups in Silicon Valley
- I took master degree in EIT Digital Master School, a cool program that combines ICT skills as well as entrepreneurship and innovation, got scholarship from LPDP
And from my journey, my travel to different places, literally seeing many places and meeting different people leads me to having the passion in that overlapping area between human and technology.
Today I am working in a startup with top-notch technology team, Sale Stock Indonesia, as a Product Designer. On the spare times I also do mentoring in Gerakan Nasional 1000 Startup Indonesia and Bekraf for Pre-Startup 2.0
Currently I am looking to continue my studies (yes PhD!) in Human-Computer Interaction. If you happen to be a researcher who share the same eccentric traits as I have, please do not hesitate to look around my website, or drop a comment here or at any of my posts. I’d like to hear what you think!